The ecommerce industry in India has seen exponential growth over the last few years and even though there have been bumps in between, it has always bounced back. This trend is expected to continue, and the industry, valued at $14.5 billion in 2016, is expected to touch a whopping $80 billion by 2020.
This makes ecommerce very attractive to entrepreneurs and retailers in India, and the relative ease of getting started and setting up operations of an ecommerce business means we’re seeing the birth of new ecommerce websites every day.
But running a successful ecommerce business isn’t just about having a great idea and being at the right place at the right time.
Yes, those things matter too, but without hard and focused work, and a thorough business plan, it’s hard to get the business off the ground.
We’re breaking down the process of an ecommerce website development project into 7 major steps, each filled with detail and tips to help you understand the process and get it right.
- Identify the product/service, and the customer
- Choose the right ecommerce website development platform
- Choose the right ecommerce website hosting platform
- Choose the right ecommerce development partner
- Ecommerce website testing – You can never test enough
- Effective marketing
- Adapt and grow